Thursday, February 23, 2012

I first came to Paris...one month ago...

     As of today, one month has passed since I arrived in Paris. I feel like I've lived here all my life, but I also feel like  it's all just beginning, which is probably because I started my internship this week at French Travel Partners and my classes at the Catholic Institute of Paris.
    This is how you can tell I've been here a month: 
First week of school- it's so pretty!
      I get recognized at our favorite bars and restaurants. I take the metro most days without even looking at a map. I cook most of my meals at home, with dinner at 8 pm at the earliest. I've figured out how to do laundry (it's awful here). I read books in French during my daily commute (An hour to my internship! Yuck!). I get asked questions everywhere I go about where to find things (But I usually just say je ne sais pas). I'm starting to get picky about my bread and fruit. I sometimes have trouble speaking in English and I certainly can't spell in it anymore (Which is a shame because I was once the 4th place winner in my school spelling bee. I used to really be somebody.)

     My school is so gorgeous and I'm actually really excited that classes have started despite my "not a morning person" attitude I usually have until about noon. My classes are each 3 hours long, but they meet once a week. I'm in class Tuesday and Thursday and at my internship Monday, Wednesday and Friday for a grand total of 12 hours of class time per week and 21 at my internship. I can already tell my French has improved so much in the past month and I can't wait to see how good I'll be at the end of the semester. But actually I can wait, because I don't want this to end.

Off to the south of France tomorrow! 

Bisous,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment