Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bienvenue à Paris !

     I have learned a lot of things in my 2 days here. Number one: time doesn't mean much to the French. When I landed at Charles de Gaulle, I raced through the airport to get my bags to make it to my shuttle by 8 am. The shuttle came after 9. So that was an hour of complete panic that had me on the verge of tears. Number 2: the internet in Paris is horrible. I have been told to that I will be lucky to have a website load in five to ten minutes. And forget about the wifi! I have to use the computer in our study lounge and the keyboard is all rearranged so my As are usually Qs and Ms are commas. It was a rough first day on Monday, but slowly things are starting to improve and I don't feel as sad and lonely as I did at first. Plus, we ordered Domino's the first night. I have a really nice roommate named Aude, who is from Normandy. She doesn't speak much English, so it's hard to talk to her. I'm trying not to seem antisocial but I can't always figure out what to say or how to say things. We have mostly had meetings that last most of the day, but today I went with a few girls in the bitterly cold rain to see Notre-Dame and go inside where I lit a candle for my family. We ate dinner at a nearby café called Quasimodo de Paris- fitting, right? The bread and pastries are absolutely fantastic, so I'm definitely not starving!

I will try to get some pictures up once I, fingers crossed, get my wifi up and running so I can use my own computer.

Rqchel, I mean Rachel. Crazy keyboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment