Thursday, January 23, 2014

I Loved Paris in the Springtime

      Today is the two-year anniversary of the start of my semester in Paris. When I'm older and hitting milestones like my fortieth high school reunion (like my mom is this year), I know two years will seem like absolutely nothing. But to me, here and now, I can hardly believe it. I can't be appreciative enough of my semester here in Paris during college because I was lucky enough to spend it with fourteen other fascinating, hilarious, fun and sweet people who made me laugh, who explored Paris and Europe with me, who shared the burden of the ridiculousness of life in Paris and who made me break down into a damn mess when it was time to say goodbye (and, frankly, the entire summer of 2012). If not for all of them (all of you, if you're reading this), I wouldn't be back here in Paris at all. I met up with Amelia, one of the fifteen of us Paris alumni, for coffee today on the rue d'Assas and we reminisced, agreeing that we were so incredibly lucky for our time.  So, as I write this, I raise a bottle (You wouldn't expect me to use a glass now, would you?) of cheap Bordeaux to you, mes amis, for the memories and for the inspiration to do this again.

Love,
Rachel



Latin Quarter

Atop the Arc de Triomphe

Fontainebleau

Easter at Notre-Dame

The Highlander

Outside The Highlander

Eiffel Tower

On the terrace of Mary-Kate's beautiful foyer on the boulevard St-Michel (near my current apartment)

Giverny

Versailles




Rome

Santorini, Greece

Marseille
Our last get-together with everyone on the Champ de Mars

Steps of St-Etienne-du-Mont



Venice

No comments:

Post a Comment