Friday, October 11, 2013

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground




     This is the first week where it's truly felt like fall. The leaves are starting to pile up despite city workers constantly sweeping the sidewalks. The leaves seem to just turn brown on the trees and then fall off, or have stayed green. I'm missing the spectacular fall colors, apple orchards, corn mazes and hay rides in Minnesota. But this is France and they don't do any of that.
     I hate to say it, being a hardy Minnesotan who deals with snow almost year-round, but I'm cold. It's cold outside and almost to the point of needing gloves. I don't know why every year we act like we're just completely sideswiped by fall, but summer does always seem to be extinguished just a little too fast. I'm also realizing that my prediction of being able to sit on my terrace year-round is not going to come true. I'm shivering as I write this in my drafty little apartment, so I think I'll just have to admire the Eiffel Tower from my desk for the next several months instead. Enjoy the following photos from this week and expect some photos from Reims and Champagne after my day trip tomorrow.

Bon week-end à tous !

Rachel
























No comments:

Post a Comment