Thursday, December 8, 2011

Last Tango, Then Paris

     45 days! I started packing up my room at Augsburg today and it's actually a lot sadder than I thought it would be. All of a sudden it's finals. I swear yesterday was September and we were swimming at Lake Calhoun on the first weekend back at school when it was 90 degrees. Now there's snow on the ground and I have to remind myself to put a coat on. How did half a school year pass by so fast? For the past few days I've been thinking about how much I'll miss this campus- seeing people I recognize, being able to get to class by tunnel, coffee at Einstein's (Even though they got rid of dirty polar bears this year...BIG MISTAKE.), and probably people speaking English, too. I can already tell it's going to be really hard to say goodbye to all my friends, but at least I have one last weekend here to fit in the Holidazzle parade, a Gophers hockey game and maybe a 1 AM order of shitty "Italian" food from Davanni's.

     Once I move out, I leave almost immediately for a week in Cocoa Beach, FL with the family and then I have about four weeks to sit at home and (hopefully) read all the books about France that I've bought in the last five years and haven't got around to reading. It's going to be weird skipping out on most of the winter in Minnesota this year, but hey, no complaints. I won't miss feeling like I have frostbite the moment I step outside. Paris sounds like my kind of winter.

     My one-way plane ticket has been bought and my forms have been turned in and I think I'm done with awkward Skype interviews in French for my internship. Now I'm waiting to hear about my housing placement, which I should hear about sometime this month. I'm hoping to get the place in the brochure picture of the girl sitting on a terrace with the Eiffel Tower in the background. I think I'd die!


À bientôt, Paris!


Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Get ready for the greatest adventure of your life! Next week will be tough, saying goodbye will be tough, but soon you'll be back sharing every detail with me! I will miss you!

    A

    ReplyDelete